Sunday, May 1, 2011

Breaking News! Historic day in the USA!!!!

Originally, me having a blog was going to be the "breaking news" but then I heard some real braking news:

Osama Bin Laden is dead. 


I saw this online and we immediately switched on the news. They were showing video of people outside the White House singing the National Anthem and God Bless America. The feelings of September 11, 2001 flooded back over me. I wished I could be there in DC, with these people and their American flags that appeared out of nowhere in the crowds. 10 years have gone by and yet every feeling, every fear, every moment of that day is so clear in my mind it is as if it happened yesterday. The fact that we finally got the man who orchestrated that horrific attack makes me proud to be an American.

Honestly, my thoughts are scattered right now and it's hard to order them in any manner. Here comes the President....

A proud moment. I cannot, however, give all credit to President Obama. 10 years of troops putting their lives on the line in the hunt for this terrorist and President Bush, who I can only imagine lost lots of sleep over Bin Laden's avoiding capture while Bush tried to hunt him down. This has been a long exhausting effort by many Americans.

I pray that God, a loving and just God, brings peace to the families who lost loved ones on September 11th, and holds Osama Bin Laden accountable for the horrific acts he committed.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. Romans 12:19  Well, God, we have delivered him into your hands.... repay away!!!!!!

God Bless the USA!!!!

1 comment: